Monday, March 13, 2017

Goodbye Plano:( Hello Gilmer:)

It was so hard for me leaving Plano. I feel like I left my children behind. But I know the new Elder that replaced me and he is the man so that was comforting.
Our ward here is a MACHINE, we are out with members everyday on splits. Our bishop even set a baptismal date for us at church yesterday.
I have been reading a lot in the New Testament and it's so good. I really enjoy reading about our Savior. 
Today we are driving to Dallas so we can go to the temple tomorrow.
Literally everyone here smokes. Everywhere we go there's cigarette upon cigarette.  This is basically a pure English area right now so feel free to email me in Spanish because I am going to lose it fast.
Right now we  are teaching a teenager named Conner. He is literally a genius, defiantly to smart for his own good. He is a sweet kid but he doesn't believe in God or Jesus Christ, which is like the first time I have seen that my whole mission. Everyone here at least says they believe in Jesus even if they don't really mean it. It's been difficult teaching him, last night I think we made some progress though, in that he thinks he felt the spirit. Because he is so smart he loves to read, once he reads the Book of Mormon his heart will melt into Jesus's hand.

Shouts to all the ballers out in Plano, I miss y'all so much!
Love,
Elder Pattee

PS. Oh yeah my new companion is form the Congo and has a crazy story. I still don't know all of it but maybe I'll fill you in next week. 
LES QUIERO


Elder Hans Nguwa

No comments:

Post a Comment