Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Another week here in Paradise

Another week here in Paradise. I legit really love this place. We have the most awesome family that is progressing nicely. It's an 84 year old grandma and her 19 her old granddaughter. The daughter is best friends with someone from my first area, who is now on a mission in Mexico. They finally told us this week that they want to get baptized and the mom of the granddaughter, who is a less active member came church for the first time in a long time yesterday. 

We had a lesson with them this week, the grandma told us she hadn't drank coffee in 8 days! I was so happy. I asked her why she had decided to stop and she said "because you said it was bad for me". She says it's really hard but we promised her it would be worth it. 

Pretty sure I got heat stoke on Saturday. We helped two different families move. Then had some long bike rides and I was not feeling my best. It's hot here but I survived. This summer has gone by so fast. 

There's this less active guy that I really like. He flips cars for a living and I just think it's so cool. Anyways, he is sealed to his family and everything but he moved out and now he lives in his shop. Every Sunday he tells me he will come, then he never does. Anyways this week I told him we were going to bike to his house Sunday morning before church and then he would take us from there. Anyways we went over there yesterday morning and he was all ready to go, it was awesome. I told everyone he was coming and no one believed me. But when we walked in together everyone really welcomed him. 

We live with two other Elders and they are having serious problems in their companionship. It's terrible! They will probably get emergency transferred today.

Anyways I love you,

Elder Pattee

Psalms 82:6 



No comments:

Post a Comment