Monday, January 11, 2016

MADE IT TO THE PROMISE LAND

Mission life is cool. And definitely more fun than I thought it would be. I am actually in a threesome (lol). My one companion is Elder Gay, he was a lifeguard from Springville. My other companion is Elder El-Bakri, he is a BYU football player and recently broke his arm in a bicycle accident. We have a car.


Not gonna lie our apartment is in the ghetto and is falling apart. I cleaned it a bunch when I got here. It helps us relate to the people though because we live in the same place or worse than them.


My companions are both really good at contacting. We just started doing this thing where we knock doors asking people if we can give them a quick three question survey about families. After they answer the questions, we tell them that we have to keep doing surveys but we would love to come back at a more convenient time and tell them what we believe about families. People are super receptive and literally 90% of people say we can come back for return appointments... Anyways, all our return appointments are next week so I'll keep y'all updated.

This week for lunch one day we went to a Mexican pizza place that happened to accept Pesos because we are so close to the border. I have a bunch of left over Pesos in my wallet left over from our recent trip to Mexico. The pizza was nothing special, but I still have quite a few Pesos so we will probably make it a weekly tradition.

I am excited to get more adjusted to mission life. My Spanish is progressing, it can be hard because only like half my lessons are in Spanish. I can't usually understand white people and little kids because they slur their words or have thick accents. There is a lot of work to be done here and I am happy to be apart of it.

Elder Gay and Elder El-Bakri
Elder Boren fellow LAX Bro from Meridian

No comments:

Post a Comment